Online Enquiry

Buy my own Paintball Gun in Wagga

You’ve played paintball a few times and LOVE it? You want to play more regularly with your friends or begin to play at a competitive level?  Firstly, Yes, you can own your own marker in NSW provided you have no criminal history and you are over 18 years of age. Some out dated information and websites make it hard to understand what is required, so we’re here, in 2017 to give you the current update.

Step One.

Fill in a ‘P634’ form and a ‘Paintball Gun Legitimate Reason’ form. You can either call NSW Firearms on 1300 362 562 and they will post you the forms, or you can complete them online, here:

P634 –

Legitimate Reason –

A legitimate reason could be as simple as stating that you have a desire to play competitive paintball. Please note: Don’t return these forms to NSW Firearms, until Step Three.

Step Two.

If you have never held a firearms license before, you will be required to complete a Firearms Training Safety Course. In Wagga, we suggest you contact Power Ammo on Copland St (Ph: 6921 3994) and arrange to do the course with them. This takes a few hours and has a multiple choice questionnaire at the end. They will give you a certificate upon completion.

Whilst you’re at Power Ammo, ask for a Permit to Acquire (PTA), you will need this later.

Step Three.

Compile your paperwork and send to NSW Firearms.In the envelope should be:

  • Your P634 + Legitimate Reason forms
  • Your Firearms Training Safety Course certificate
  • Proof of ID (100 points of ID: Passport, Drivers License, Medicare Card etc for example)

Safe Storage: Please note, as with any firearms, paintball markers are required to be kept in a safe and you will need to give proof to NSW Firearms of your safe storage address. You can contact us and discuss options for buying and installing your own safe, or for a fee, we can arrange storage of your marker with us at the field.

Step Four.

Wait. NSW Firearms will go over your application which can take a few weeks. If successful, you will be issued with a notice to attend your local Services NSW office, or RMS branch to have your photo taken for your Firearms License. You will be charged $75 for your license which is valid for 5 years. This notice will include your important License/Permit Number.

Whilst you’re waiting, this can be a great time to choose the ideal paintball marker for you. There are plenty of brands and styles, so contact us at Project Paintball Wagga to discuss what you’re looking for and we can point you in the right direction.

Step Five.

Using your License/Permit Number, you can now fill in a Permit to Acquire (PTA), you will need to do this every time you buy a new Paintball Marker and send it to NSW Firearms. This will cost you $30. Paintball Markers fall under the ‘Prohibited Weapons’ section and you will need to fill in exactly the type of Marker you wish to purchase. Simply writing ‘Paintball Marker’ is not sufficient.

Your first PTA has a mandatory 28 day cooling off period. It is likely to be 4 – 6 weeks before you will receive your PTA in the mail at which point you can collect your marker from your local gun dealer. You will need your license and your PTA form to pick up your marker.

From start to finish, this process can take approximately 2-3 months, so it’s best to get started now. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at Project Paintball Wagga on 0437 765 328 or you can read this guide from NSW Firearms… ( )

Hope to see you at the field soon.

– Dwayne Nicholls

7 Gillard Rd,
Wagga Wagga

Wagga Web Design by Via Rocket : Admin